- Scarves – Wearing a scarf is not only about providing accent to your winter getup. It’s also about covering your neck to keep it warm when temperatures drop. An unprotected part of the skin during very cold days can make it dry, red, and even itchy. Aside from the face, the neck is usually one of the most unprotected parts of our body, which underscores the importance of wearing a scarf. The scarf you’ll wear has to complement the color of your outfit.
- Boots – Winter boots are, without question definitely must-have items in your wardrobe. These types of boots are thicker and rubberized soles and have insulated lining. If you live in an area that usually gets at least 5 inches of snow, you should invest in a good pair of boots, preferably the waterproof types. Be sure to check the padding along the sole and the ankles since these are the foot parts that are the most sensitive to the cold. Black boots are always neutral, so if you’re buying only one pair, get something black.
- Hats – What’s a winter getup without hats? There’s a wide range of hats to choose from that will serve not only as a covering for your head, but also as an important fashion accessory. Depending on what clothes you’re wearing or your fashion sense, you can wear anything from a toque to a ski hat to a Cossack.
- Jackets – Just like hats, you can choose from a wide range of layers to keep you warm and comfy. Whether you’re in the mood to wear sweater or you feel like putting on a thick trench coat, you need upper garments not just to appear stylish but also as a way of regulating your body temperature.
- Leggings – Finally, you need something to protect your lower leg in case you’re wearing pants with thin fabric. This is when you add thermal leggings to your wardrobe.
With all these items in your winter attire, you can be sure that you’re protected from the cold from head to toe wherever you go during wintertime.