- Get used to wearing them. If you buy a pair of stilettos specifically for a particular event, you have to be familiar with its feel on your feet. Test them. Wear them more often even at home before actually flaunting them for the first time at parties. You have to make sure that your feet and toes are used to them so that it won’t be that awkward when you wear them in front of many people.
- Avoid too much standing or long walks. As much as possible try to give your feet a rest. If there are any chances for you to sit and chitchat with other people in the party, then do so. This will relax your toes and gain strength for you to last longer on your stilettos. You don’t have to be always standing. You can still socialize even when you are sitting down.
- Make use of heel protectors. You can’t avoid tiled floors when you’re in somebody’s house or property. You can’t just sit the whole time fearing to walk on grass because your heels might sink. Wear a heel protector. It is especially made to protect you from slipping on slippery floors and preventing your pointed heels to sink on the grass. There are a lot of heel protectors you can buy in your favorite shoe shops or online.
- Personalize or customize your own pair of stilettos by putting or sticking a foot cushion or pad. This will surely relax your feet and make you a lot more comfortable. Sky-high heels will draw more pressure to your toes because they carry your body’s weight. And so, it would really help if you put cushions underneath your toes.
Comfort is one of the most important factors to consider while choosing these gowns as it would prove to be difficult to wear clothes which are uncomfortable even if it is stylish. It is essential to choose clothes which are made from top notch quality. While choosing party dresses, it is important to consider the weather too.
One of the best ways to style an evening dress is by considering the different gowns worn by celebrities which are approved by fashion experts. It is easier to style evening dresses in this way and choose them accordingly from online or offline stores. Some of these dresses may prove to be quite expensive but it is possible to buy similar dresses at affordable price rates.
Some of the most stylish varieties of evening dresses include the halter dresses, the A-line dresses, hanky hem dresses, ball gowns and strapless gowns which can be found in different colors, styles and designs. The A-line dresses are exquisite and ideal for women with a balanced figure as it enhances their beauty. It can be found in various elegant materials such as satin, velvet and silk. It is important to choose colors that add to the beauty of the wearer too.
The ball gown dresses are another popular variety of evening gowns which are worn to parties and events. Ball gowns exude an elegant appearance to the wearer. These gowns are available in a range of colors to suit the complexion of the wearer. It can be found in different materials too.
The halter evening dress is another exotic variety of dress which leaves the back and shoulder open. It exhibits the flawless skin of the wearer. Halter dresses can be bought from online stores too at various price rates.
The hanky hem dress is another elegant variety of gowns that can be worn during parties and occasions. It includes some of the most sensual designs that enhance the beauty of the wearer.
Apart from the right evening gowns, it is essential to choose the right accessories such as shoes, bags and hair styles to accentuate the overall appearance.
The right hair style can do wonders on the appearance of a person. Consider the event while choosing among different types of hair styles. Beautiful hair style can accentuate the appearance of the dress and jewelry. There are different types of hair styles which can be chosen according to the type of event, dress and personal preference. Some styles may suit some faces so it is important to consider various factors before choosing an appropriate hair style.
Now normally we see either the simple diamond necklace or we see the big statement necklaces, but not this year! This year it is all about the long necklaces. This style has been around for ages and ages, but as we all know style is cyclical. The one thing I love about this is that you truly can take a piece that is meant to be casual and turn it into an antique inspired look.
There are a few reputable products used by celebrities that are a perfect inspiration for this look, especially when we start thinking about layering the necklaces. This is a style that I think every woman can make her own because these necklaces have so many different styles. I have seen simple antique inspired animals, chains and pearls, and even simple stones like turquoise.
So how would you wear it?
- Focus on one specific look that is your “go to style” and pick out a long necklace that speaks to that style. Something not too heavy but that will make a statement against a simple long top or tunic.
- Get funky with it. Try an edgier office look and mix long chains and pearls over a structured white button down. Have the necklaces on the outside of the collar and you will have a look that is so “Devil Wears Prada.”
- Keep everything else simple. If you opt for a bigger, flashier necklace, keep the earrings simple (think studs). You don’t want to look like a gypsy and have a whole lotta “crazy” going on!
Remember ladies that the style can completely change depending upon what kind of long necklace you buy and how you wear it. Try different looks in the store to see which one you think is the most flattering on you, and don’t forget, this look can go from day to night so don’t be afraid to try the same necklace with your weekend outfits too!
Buying wedding shoes can be a tricky business. They should be comfortable and match your wedding gown. Whatever style of shoes you prefer – stilettos, flat, strappy or ballet shoes; they should be comfortable to wear as the bride has to stand for long hours.
Choosing elegant and beautiful jewelry, i.e. necklace, earrings and bracelet, is another important aspect of bridal shopping. If you are going to wear a heavy, embellished wedding gown, try and keep your jewelry as minimal as possible. If you plan to wear a strapless gown with a sweetheart neckline, then you can choose a beautiful elaborate necklace that will flatter your overall look even more.
A wide range of beautiful headpieces and tiaras are available in the market. The style and design of a tiara you choose depends a lot upon what kind of wedding dress you select and what looks good on your face. Buy a tiara or headpiece that looks flattering on you. And along with headpiece, don’t forget to buy some spare pins and clips to do up your hair nicely.
Buy a shawl or wrap that is warm and stylish too. It will enhance the beauty of your wedding dress further and keep you warm in cold weather.
Most brides consider gloves appropriate only for a winter wedding. However a beautiful set of gloves add a touch of elegance to a bridal dress, no matter what season of the year you are getting married.
While most wedding gowns come with in-built bra, it is better to wear a well fitted bra
if your dress is made of thin material. If you have a stout physique, consider buying a body shaper or body slimmer to tone down your look.
Faced with too many choices of fabulous clothes, it can be difficult to set aside any option. Every piece of designer wear may seem exactly cut for your child. But you should not forget that babies grow very fast and there are only so many clothes that they can wear before they get past each stage. While you can enjoy going through all the options available, it is best not to stock up on too many pieces of the same style of clothing. There simply will not be enough chances to make use of them to do justice to the shopping. Buying a few choice items is the way to go when your child is visibly growing up every week.
Make sure you buy clothes that are right for the season. Remember buying ahead may not be a great idea unless you are buying larger sizes. Do not buy winter clothes that fit your baby perfectly when the sun is shining brightly and he or she needs an airy dress. Leave the hoodies and cardigans for the winter. You will be using these only for one season, so when you buy do not buy more than one or two of each. Unless you plan to hand it down to a younger child, you are not going to make use of these clothes for more than a few weeks.
Always consider the interests of your baby. It might seem like babies are not quite individuals to be opinionated. But anybody with experience in childcare can tell you that they can be very stubborn when it comes to choices of clothes. You may choose a high quality, stylish dress in which you are sure your baby will look his or her best. But there is no way that you are going to see him or her wearing it unless it is of the colour, pattern and design that the baby prefers. It is often too early for babies to develop gender specific interests. So do not deprive your boy of flowery patterns or your girl of Manchester United prints if these seem to attract them. If you buy clothes that capture the attention of your babies, it can also be easier to look after them as they will spend a lot of time watching, enjoying, and of course, trying to eat, the patterns.
Short body type
Companies are designing jeans that fit women with shorter legs and a low-waist. Wide-leg jeans are often recommended because they help to elongate the legs. If you find a pair of jeans that you like, but one that is a little longer you may consider hemming them. This will stop them from dragging on the floor. Jeans that have straight legs as opposed to those with a boot cut can be re-hemmed and shortened using the same stitching without having to change the shape of the jeans.
Tall body type
Tall women have a several styles of jeans to choose from. A pair that features a low rise style can show off your slim hips and flat tummy. If you want to accentuate your legs, you may consider wearing high-waist jeans. Tapered-leg or wide-leg jeans look great on tall women because they seek to give a desirable lean line. Many companies are designing jeans that fit taller women. Therefore, you do not have to worry about letting the hem out for a short pair of jeans you like.
If you struggle with a big belly you may consider wearing a classic dark-wash to offer you a slimming effect. Choose mid-rise jeans that allow the waistband to appear mid-tummy and not below or above the tummy. It is also advisable to avoid distressed washes because they have a tendency of drawing attention to unwanted areas. Furthermore, you are better off avoiding jeans with pleats. Boot cut jeans can help achieve an ideal body balance.
Curvier women need to look for jeans that have a little stretch. If you prefer hiding your hips you are better off avoiding distressed jeans. You could choose a wider waistband to avoid exaggerating the curves. Straight legs are ideal because having larger hips means thicker legs. Straight legs help to give a uniform width.
Belts & Shoes
If you wear a belt, always make sure that they match the style, colour, and design of the shoes you are wearing with the outfit. The easiest way of doing this is to stick with traditional styles, such as leather and suede, in black or brown.
If you are fond of wearing converse-style trainers, then buy funky material belts with clasp fastenings. This style of shoe enables you to experiment a little with colour and design, but make sure that the belt and the shoes have at least one matching colour, and try to ensure that the matching colour is the most prominent colour of each item.
With standard trainers, you can also wear a material belt, but do not opt for a belt with a pattern that is too progressive: simple is the key here.
Ties & Shirts
Twenty years ago, men’s clothes trends dictated that men match shirts with the same colour tie, in a block colour – so no dual colours or funky designs. Today, we are a lot more liberated and experimentation is a key feature of current dress trends. Having said that, however, it is important to choose a tie that is subtle in style: simple designs, such as stripes or dots are perfect, anything more can appear garish – and, never opt for a novelty tie!
Flat-Fronted Trousers vs. Pleat-Fronted Trousers
For one reason or another, men always seem to prefer wearing pleat-fronted trousers, particularly when they are in their work clothes. Pleated trousers are classic and traditional, but are not the greatest looking style of trousers. Pleated trousers are associated with discipline (because when men are in the army, they are made to iron the creases in perfectly as part of their discipline training) and perhaps this is the reason why office workers frequently sport them. Generally, though, front pleated trousers have a better fit, people assume they are meant for a more athletic figure, but that is not the case.
Incidentally, if you are worried about your figure, then dark trousers are slimming.
The rule of thumb, regarding socks, is to choose a colour that matches the colour of your trousers. You can add a touch of individuality to your outfit by choosing patterned socks; just make sure that you stick to the right colour.
Regardless of the style of footwear you choose to wear, there is one fundamental rule: always wear shoes that in a darker colour than your trousers.
- If you have a waif-like figure then a layered dress will look perfect on you. The dress should also be in a stiff material such as taffeta. Stay away from this type of dress if you have a full figure; instead opt for a corset dress or an empire waist dress. If you have the perfect hourglass figure then you will look fantastic in a dress that skims your curves. An asymmetrical dress is very fashionable at present but it looks best on slender women.
- Choose the right color that suits your skin tone. The right color will make you look radiant whereas a color that doesn’t suit you will drain luster from your face. Solid colors will also make you appear taller than you actually are. Color blocking might be a popular trend these days, but it is very easy to go overboard with it. You might also look older than necessary if you go for dramatic combinations of dark colors. Candy colors might be a fresh and young looking option.
- Be very careful when selecting prints. If you are very small then a large print will overwhelm you entirely. Try to stay away from overly dramatic looking animal prints. However, you can accessorize with these prints for a unique look.
- Do not follow fashions blindly. Try out various types of dresses before you select one that suits your needs. Take a fashion-forward person with you to help select the right dress.
- The dress you buy ought to be expertly tailored so that it fits you like a glove. A dress that bunches here and there will look ugly and feel uncomfortable.
Women of extravagant height shy away from heels because they add height where they already have it. Here’s the thing: People already know you are tall, with or without heels. Hiding it just takes away your well deserved right to beautiful shoes! Life is short. Buy the shoes.
Make sure your handbags are proportional to your size. Tiny clutch bags may get lost against your frame. Don’t worry, though! Clutch purses come in a plethora of shapes and sizes. A larger envelope clutch may work well with bustier women, as they draw attention to your chest when held. Another alternative would be large totes and satchels.
High waisted pants and dresses are very flattering to taller women as they make a longer torso add proportion. For work, break up your traditional two piece suit by mixing it with other pieces. For example, a mustard blazer will look wonderful with a floral pencil skirt and adds depth and interest rather than one monotone color all throughout.
Longer arms are a given with taller women. Add proportion with layers. Start with a shirt with quarter length sleeves, add a cardigan and a jacket with the sleeves pushed up. Tall women make a statement no matter what they are wearing so you may as well make it a big one! A-line skirts and dresses add width, further adding depth to your height. Make sure your clothing is well fit and streamlined, no matter what the cut. Oversized or baggy clothing will just make you look shapeless as opposed to tall. Voluptuous and shapely, no matter what your build, should be the goal. It will help to wear wide legged pants and broad shouldered jackets, although don’t wear both at once. Pair loose pants with a slim fitting top and a sleek jacket with wider bottoms. Remember to keep the balance.
Don’t be afraid to show your skin. Take care of your skin from within by drinking plenty of water. Show off only one area at a time or it will project an image of yourself you aren’t too fond of. A backless top with long pants is incredibly sexy, or a short skirt with a long sleeved top. Show skin, but not too much.
The vests are produced all over the world from Italy to Canada and even the United States. The meat industry is the starting point when it comes to their assembly. Other alternatives to the natural leather vests are made from PVC. These materials have a distinct similarity to leather materials and are used as an alternative if the wearer finds it a bit too cumbersome to wear original leather. In addition, this alternative comes in whenever there is an increase in demand for leather vests. With celebrities like “Batman” adorning the vest, you will most likely find a heightened demand for the vest. When you acquire one though, here are a few steps on caring for it.
- There is not much needed for the smooth surface. Just thoroughly cleaning it and reconditioning it will do the trick. Use mild detergent if you want the best result. You can use a damp cloth to do the rinsing and remove excess water through patting.
- Conditioning the vest is also important. This will prevent the material from cracking and drying. This is done easily by rubbing some leather conditioner on the surface.
- For those with suede options, you need to tend after the material immediately it comes from the store. Make sure that water and some stain protection has been sprayed on the material as you do the purchase. The smoother end of the material should also be conditioned. Any stain on the suede area can be eliminated using a rubber eraser or very fine sandpaper. Any water spot that needs cleaning should first be allowed to dry, after which it is brushed using a suede brush.
- Avoid folding the vests, as this will easily cause creases all over the folded areas. Wooden hangers should be used to store them. Should you spot a crease on the leather area, you can simply hang the vest over the shower after a hot steam bath and let the steam work its way through the crease.